Friday, January 23, 2009

Thoughts on Windows 7

Windows 7 Review
By: computerstuff101



Thoughts before install
My initial thoughts before installing windows 7 were, wow look its an updated version of Windows vista or at least from the looks of it. And to tell you the truth I really HATED Vista I didn't like the UI it just didn't feel right at all, and who in the right mind would release an operating system before it was even ready (well it wasn't ready to me).
I mean god and especially with as many compatibility problems it had it just flat out SUCKED I really didn't like it at all.
But enough of that back to w7 I was like look its vista Sp2 hahaha.
But from what it looked like the task bar was flawless and remember folks it's still in beta form and the build I am testing is build 7000.
Now from the Pictures and images I have seen it looks pretty decent and from the videos I have seen it looks like it runs at a decent speed and all that but I have to go install it now so I'll give you my report then.


Thoughts After Install
My first thought after installing was DANG this thing is FAST!!!!
It surprised me to because I think its running the same kernel as Vista.
I was just AMAZED at how fast it was it just didn't seem possible to me and I'm sure your saying yeah but what are the specs on your PC well here they are.
MOTHERBOARD=MSI K9VGM-V
CPU= Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.20GHz
Ram=2.00GB
Video Card=Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
And its a desktop.
It's just soooo fast and the quality on the background I used is just jaw dropping.
So my thoughts on windows 7 is 10 thumbs up!!!
If you didn't like vista I think you'll like this I mean I do think it's on the same kernel as vista but its just sooooooooo much faster its unbelievable.
I am dual booting it with Windows XP Pro and I am going to tell you the truth I have a Ubuntu 8.10 live cd and I used Gparted to partition my drive and I screwed up on something and I think what I screwed up on was that I forgot to defragment my hard drive and so when I tryed to boot xp it had the dreaded ntldr missing problem but it was very easy to fix so I recomend you try the Windows 7 beta out.
Just remember to watch some vids read some install instructions and your good to go, and if you don't feel comfortable doing it you can install it on a virtual machine just like you can do with Mac OS X.
So just go ahead and do it!!!
Conclusion
Definitely try this one out this is Microsofts best OS since 2000 & XP.
You can get it at this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx
Ten thumbs up for this one (if I had ten thumbs).
But remember defrag your hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment